Story Time: Fridays 11am, ages 3-5, no registration required, see program description below. Story Time starts back up in January 2017 on January 20th and will be held every Friday.
PLEASE NOTE: Our Story Time/Playroom is unavailable at certain times during the week due to class visits and seasonal therapy dog sessions. Families are welcome to come use the play room when it is available. It is NOT available : Mondays 10:30 – 11:00, Tuesdays 1:00 – 3:00 , Thursday 2:00 – 2:30, Fridays 1:15 – 2:30.
Dartmouth Children’s Services is located on the lower level of the Southworth Library and serves children birth through fifth grade. The Children’s Department includes:
- Books, movies and music CDs
- 3 computers for Internet, word processing and the library catalog.
- Watch an animated talking picture book, an e-book for kids in our TumbleBookLibrary. Click here to use TumbleBooks.
- Early Literacy Station, a kid friendly computer with over 50 learning games on a variety of subjects. Opening the Door to a Lifetime of Learning.
- After School Edge, a complete, all-in-one educational computer solution that features content for all elementary school grade levels. The content covers all curriculum areas, including math, art, science, and vocabulary. With over 60 educational programs and hundreds of activities, children of every learning level will find the AfterShool Edge engaging and fun.
Baby Songs: We invite children, from babies to toddlers, to come and enjoy songs, books, fingerplays, and fun. Caregivers must attend the program with their children. No registration necessary. Parents and babies up to age 3.
Pre-School Story Time: The Children’s Librarian Christie Phillips and Information Services Library Brian Walsh invite children ages 3 to 5 to attend Story Time. No registration necessary.
Mother Goose on the Loose: We invite parents and children up to age 2 to attend this nursery based program. This is a 30 minute program that is presented in libraries around the country. Through the use of puppets, music, rhymes, instruments, and adult – child interaction we will encourage the love of reading, promote school readiness, and early literacy. No registration necessary.
The Story Time room includes:
- A puppet stage
- Lots of toys and puzzles as well as toddler board books
- Chalkboards and colored chalks to draw on
- Nancy St. George Book collection