Southworth Library is a designated Passport Acceptance Facility
Applying for a Passport Southworth Library
Please schedule an appointment by calling 508-999-0726 Extension 377. You will need an appointment with one of our Passport Application Acceptance agents before coming to the library. Library passport agents are regular staff members who have accepted this responsibility in addition to their regular library duties. They each have a regular schedule of programs, meetings and classes which may make them unavailable for walk-in applications.
Hours of Service for Passport Applications Acceptance:
|Tues, Wed||9-11, 2-4, 5-7||By Appointment
|Mon, Thurs, Fri & Sat||9-11, 2-4||By Appointment
Applications completed before 3:30 pm on weekdays will be mailed that day by 4:30 pm.
Applications completed after 4 pm on weekdays will be mailed the next business day.
Applications completed after 11 am on Saturday will be mailed the next business day.
* Passport application details and forms are always available on the State Department website: Travel.State.Gov.
Applying for a Passport:
If this is your first passport, you will need to apply in person. Also, you must apply at a Passport Acceptance Facility if your previous passport was issued before you were 16 or your previous passport expired more than 5 years ago.
What’s Needed to Apply?
1. A Completed Application for a Passport
The passport applications are available online at travel.state.gov or you can obtain the form to fill in by hand at the library or from other passport agencies. Please bring the completed application to your appointment. If you fill it out by hand, use black ink only. DO NOT SIGN this application before visiting the library or other agency.
2. Proof of Citizenship*:
* US born persons: need a certified birth certificate with a raised, embossed, or multicolored seal (not a photocopy of the form); showing the full name of the parent(s); signature of Registrar; and a filing date that is within one year of the birth issued from the Bureau of Vital Statistics or the city of birth. Children under the age of 16 must submit a birth certificate even if they previously had a passport.
* Foreign-born persons: must submit a Certificate of Naturalization, Certificate of Citizenship, Consular Report of Birth, or a Certification Report of Birth Abroad (not a photocopy of the form). Foreign-born children of naturalized parents may apply for a US Passport, provided the child was under the age of 18 when the parents became naturalized.
*You will be required to submit these documents with your application. These documents will be returned with your newly issued U.S. passport or in a separate mailing.
* For a child under age 16, both parents or the child’s legal guardian(s) must appear when submitting a passport application. If only one parent appears, you must also submit one of the following:
* Second parent’s notarized written statement consenting to passport issuance for the child, or
* Primary evidence of sole authority to apply, or
* A written statement (made under penalty of perjury) explaining the second parent’s unavailability.
3. Proof of Identity:
* Prior U.S. Passport
* Valid photo driver’s license
* Government photo ID: city, state or federal
* Military photo ID: military and dependents, etc.
* Naturalization Certificate
4. One Passport Photo:
You must bring this picture with you. the library does not provide a passport photography service. This photo must be: whole-face view taken within the last 6 months. Must be in color. 2″ x 2″ size. Taken against a plain white or light background. Only the application can appear in the photo – this includes photos for infants. Should be taken in normal street attire. Should represent applicant’s normal appearance. May not not be taken in any kind of uniform or with a hat or head-covering.
5. Passport Fees:
A check or money order, payable to the Department of State, is required for a passport application – members of the same family can be combined on one check.
* Passport Book Fee for Routine Processing
Applicants age 16 & over: $110
Applicants under age 16: $80
* Passport Card Fee for Routine Processing
Applicants age 16 and over: $30
Applicants under age 16: $15
* Expedited Processing: Available at an additional cost of $60 per passport card or book.
* Passport Book Overnight Delivery: add $20.66 to the check/money order to “Department of State.” (Overnight Delivery is not available for passport cards.)
6. Acceptance Fee:
The $25 acceptance fee may be paid by cash, check, or money order to “Town of Dartmouth.” You may combine multiple payments of the acceptance fee on one check or money order.